ANOTHER EXPERIMENT by WOMEN FILM FESTIVAL juried by Lili White (http://liliwhite.com)
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 13, 2014— we encourage early submission.
AXWFF is looking for experimental shorts made by WOMEN that present their own vision of movie making — we want to see something different and unique — challenge us to rethink what “experimental” means on your terms, outside of any standard form. By “film” we refer to a moving image, made with any media, that presents a transformative action or thought. Work that that has been shot by the artist and is under 20 minutes, has a better chance of being accepted as we have limited screening time.
Occasionally AXW includes work made by men that has a feminist leaning of some sort or another.
Accepted works will be screened on DVD format, and possibly film, if funds are available to cover the costs incurred. If your submission is selected it will be screened at one of the NEW FILMMAKERS Women’s Night at Anthology Film Archives in NYC during 2015.
The chosen movies will be screened in NYC in 2015.
The film cannot appear in full on any publicly viewed internet site, until 2016.
If the film is short, there is a better chance it will get screened.
If your movie is not in English you should provide subtitles.
The sent material will not be returned.
Each submitted work has to be labeled specifying title, artist and running time.
Work may be submitted as an online link— Please indicate the web address in your email.
Enter your information in all the fields of the Online Entry Form on the next page.
- Your info will be emailed to us, and an email will be sent to YOU at the email address you entered, if we are interested in viewing a DVD.
- If you are selected, you must a snail mail a DVD disk or Blue ray to us in an address that will be provided in our e-mail response to you. It should have no menu and start instantly.
- Program notes on paper are available at the Festival Event, and remain on-line in our Archive.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: NOV 13, 2014
Free for artists who have submitted before.
Up to 3 works can be submitted for a $10 donation.
Official submission: $10 (up to November 13, 2014)
CLICK HERE to fill in and submit the Entry Form.
Another Experiment by Women Film Festival promotes and screens moving images in any media, made by women, that encourage critical thinking and dialogue.
News & Screenings:
- Berger Nissen (Expanded Cinema Performance) June 13
- Olivia Ciummo & Tara Merenda Nelson in PSYCHIC PANIC
- underground film journal (dot) com
- Issue #2 NON/FICTIONS ISSUE of CANYON CINEMAGAZINE, featurCANYON CINEMAGAZINE’s article on AXW Panel Discussion by COURTNEY FELLON
- CLAUDIA SIEFEN’s film – BEEN WAITING FOR YOU SO LONG- at M°BA CENTRAAL from June 9 – July 21, 2013
- 12/7/12 – AMERICAN DREAMS / NIGHTMARES curated by Noe Kidder
- 12/ 8 – JOEY HUERTAS AKA JANE PUBLIC AND SUZANA STANKOVIC at Mono No Aware
- 12/13, 14,15 – Lynne Sachs’ “Your Day is My Night”