ANOTHER EXPERIMENT by WOMEN FILM FESTIVAL curated by Lili White (http://liliwhite.com)
DEADLINE for 8th SEASON for 2018: December 15, 2017— we encourage early submission.
AXWFF is looking for experimental shorts made by WOMEN that present their own vision of movie making — we want to see something different and unique — challenge us to rethink what “experimental” means on your terms, outside of any standard form. By “film” we refer to a moving image, made with any media, that presents a transformative action or thought. Work that that has been shot by the artist and is under 20 minutes, has a better chance of being accepted as we have limited screening time.
Occasionally AXW includes work made by men that has a feminist leaning of some sort or another.
If your submission is selected it will be screened at one of the NEW FILMMAKERS Women’s Night at Anthology Film Archives in NYC during 2018.
There is no yearly calendar, and notice is given about 3 months or less in advance, so sign onto the mailing list for information about the screenings!
The film cannot appear in full on any publicly viewed internet site, until 2019.
If the film is under 15 minutes, there is a better chance it will get screened.
If your movie is not in English you should provide subtitles.
Each submitted work has to be labeled specifying title, artist and running time.
Work should be submitted as an online link— Please indicate the web address and phone number in your email.
Enter your information in all the fields of the Online Entry Form on the next page.
- If you are selected, you must provide a link for streaming in Anthology’s theatre setting.
- If selected, you will be asked for an H264 file.
- Program notes on paper are available at the Festival Event, and remain in our Archive on line at http://axwff.com
- Official submission: Up to 2 works can be submitted for a $10 donation.
- We also curate streaming shows that can be purchased, paying the filmmaker instantly, on our streaming site: http://axwonline.com
These works are culled from all submissions. If you do not want your work to be considered for streaming, it does not affect our decision to curate your work into the live shows.
- Submissions: 1 work for $12 or 2 works for $15 donation.
CLICK HERE to fill in and submit the Entry Form.
Another Experiment by Women Film Festival promotes and screens moving images in any media, made by women, that encourage critical thinking and dialogue.
News & Screenings:
- Berger Nissen (Expanded Cinema Performance) June 13
- Olivia Ciummo & Tara Merenda Nelson in PSYCHIC PANIC
- underground film journal (dot) com
- Issue #2 NON/FICTIONS ISSUE of CANYON CINEMAGAZINE, featurCANYON CINEMAGAZINE’s article on AXW Panel Discussion by COURTNEY FELLON
- CLAUDIA SIEFEN’s film – BEEN WAITING FOR YOU SO LONG- at M°BA CENTRAAL from June 9 – July 21, 2013
- 12/7/12 – AMERICAN DREAMS / NIGHTMARES curated by Noe Kidder
- 12/ 8 /12- JOEY HUERTAS AKA JANE PUBLIC AND SUZANA STANKOVIC at Mono No Aware
- 12/13, 14,15 – Lynne Sachs’ “Your Day is My Night”